There are plenty of concerns about the necessity of a baby pillow.
Some people say:
Your child doesn’t need a pillow because of suffocation risks and increased risk of sudden infant death (SID).
Is that really the case—or is it an exaggeration? Is there a right way or age to first introduce a pillow to your child?
To find out the truth, we scraped the sleep-expert world to see what the medical fraternity has to say and recommend. And here’s what we found.
- The FDA warns against the use of pillow on infants, when unattended, due to the risk of suffocation
- The National Health Service UK says that children should go pillow-free until they are one year old for safety reason
- And the National Institute of Health restricts pillows for children less than a year but agrees that children need no attendance past six months because they will have already developed a sleep routine.
So one thing is for certain. A child pillow is only unsafe for a kid below a year old and when left unattended.
If your child is a year old or above, or you can attend to your less-than-a-year-old child when sleeping on a pillow, nothing should stop you from getting the right child pillow. Because, it will work mighty fine with preparation for sitting, prevention of the flat head syndrome, and even improve blood circulation.
Now that’s clear as mud.
Let’s quickly dive into the best ten baby pillow that will leave your child feel cared for.
1. W WelLife Baby Pillow – Best Rated Infant Pillow
- Ergonomic design for even distribution of pressure on the baby’s head for a round-head growth
- Comfortable size and adjustable height to deliver customizable comfort
- Highly breathable from the sequential 3D-air mesh construction
- A dual pillow that helps lower congenital fever of the newborn
- The front of the pillow is 100% cotton fabric. It is bonded with a sponge that reinforces the sense of durability and cushioning
- Bulges and molds perfectly fit for the growth of the newborn
- A stable cushion that provides comfortable deep sleep
- The mold position is lower than the center of the pillow to avoid hurting the neck
When it comes to comfort, sleep temperature regulation, and essential support to keep your baby’s head aligned properly, the best baby pillow is the cross-platform W WelLife Baby Pillow.
Why it’s the best baby pillow:
It is the uncompromising comfort. It has the right amount of support for a baby and wide usage. The recommendation by the baby-pillow community gives W WelLife Baby Pillow an edge over any other baby pillow. It entails a 3D air mesh construction that makes it easier to regulate a child’s sleep temperatures. A concave pediatrician-designed center that helps prevent the flat head syndrome, and a GOTS-certified cover that ensures the safety of your baby.
- Unrelenting comfort: The W WelLife Baby Pillow is a 3D air-meshed pillow. It is excellent to regulate the sleep comfort of your baby. The well-ventilated 3D cool air fabric is at the back with 100% organic cotton fabric on the front that’s supple and creates spaces that air circulate easily to help your baby stay sweatless all the time. Plus, it strikes the right balance of comfort and supports, ensuring the right alignment for a child’s growth.
- Pediatrician-designs: The concave, ergonomic center that cradles the baby’s head remains a superior spec for redistributing pressure evenly on the skull to prevent the flat head syndrome. There is also a hypoallergenic cover that’s GOTS-certified to ensure the pillow doesn’t compromise your baby’s health.
2. KeaBabies Toddler Pillow – Best Baby Pillow for 1-3 Years Old Children
- Ergonomically-Designed for best spinal support without compromising comfort
- Highly raved by parents all over the world – multiple thousands of 5-stars Amazon revies
- Cotton pillowcase and cover that is safe for newborn and toddlers
- Machine washable pillow covers – appropriate to deal with mess around kids
- Multiple choices of pillowcase design to rhyme the tone of your kid’s bed
- Readily portable – you can carry the baby’s sleep comfort anywhere you go
KeaBabies Toddler Pillow is the best pillow for children 1-3 years old because it offers a dazzling array of fun from its animal-print pillowcase design, ideal neck alignment for a child’s head, and ergonomic design for best spinal support without compromising comfort. Advanced features include perfect travel size, the pillow, and the pillowcase being machine washable, making it easier to keep it clean and fresh.
Why it ranks 2nd:
Parents highly rave the KeaBabies Toddler Pillow, with thousands and thousands rating it 5-stars on Amazon for being fluffy and non-compromising on support for their toddlers. And outside, there are several million satisfied parents and kids. Yes, it starts at $22, but you get, machine washable pillow and pillowcase, ergonomic support for your kid’s spinal health, and a readily portable baby pillow.
- Tested-on-toddlers ergonomic design: The KeaBabies Toddler Pillow’s design is non-compromising on spinal support and comfort. The employs a children’s-chiropractor-consulted design, with soft and plushy ball fibers filling, to deliver ergonomic support to your young one. You don’t need to worry about safety, spinal development, or optimal physical development.
- Unbeatable safety: The KeaBabies Toddler Pillow utilizes a natural cotton pillowcase and covers to ensure the newborn and toddlers’ safety. 100% cotton is ultra-breathable, soft on your child’s skin, and is machine washable that makes it to care and keep it fresh whenever your young one messes it up.
3. Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow – The Best Bargain for a Baby Pillow
- Bigger pillowcase to lessen roll-offs
- CPSC-certified pillow for toddler – no worrying about heavy metals, toxins, or microbes
- Right fills for kids – has fewer fillings to prevent neck kinks or chiropractic visits
- 100% hypoallergenic—the pillow is mold resistant, mildew resistant,
- A poly/cotton fiber blend makes the pillow and the pillowcase machine washable and dryable
- Highly diversified pillow – your child can use it for extra support, can be a transition from the crib, use during nap time, or a travel pillow
- Thousands and thousands of parent find it excellent for their kids
Dreamtown Kids has long been a competitor to Kaebabies for a baby pillow and continues that rivalry with Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow – an outstanding comfort package for toddlers who need uncompromising support. It is a chiropractor-recommended pillow and has all features a child might need from a pillow, but it is priced so well (for a baby pillow).
Why it ranks 3rd:
It isn’t as technically superior as the top-ranked baby pillow, but the Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow is the best chiropractor-recommend pillow for many people because it cost $14.96. That’s not quite as cheap as a typical pillow, but it is more affordable than the Keababies Toddler Pillow. And unlike its rival, you’re getting most features you’ll find in a high-end pillow like the right fill for a baby.
- The correct amount of fills:The just-enough-fills in Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow provides excellent head and neck support that most children need. Unlike a typical toddler pillow, this pillow contains less filling to prevent neck kinks or visits to the chiropractor. Plus, it comes with a perfect-fitting pillowcase that lessens that number of roll-offs that parents complain about when using a typical pillow.
- 100% hypoallergenic: The pillow utilizes a poly/cotton fiber blend that’s mold-resistant, mildew resistant, and dustmite resistant to ensure your baby sleeps safely. Plus, the fabric makes the pillow and the pillow case machine washable and dryable, without worrying if the pillow will truly hold the shape. As a result, you can regularly change and clean your child’s pillow to help protect him from bacteria buildups.
4. Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow – The Most Highly-Raved by Parent Toddler Pillow
- Perfect size for a little one
- Ergonomic to correctly align your kid for healthy spinal growth
- A 100% premium quality cotton shell for superior breathability and health safety
- Polyester cluster fiber filling that’s hypoallergenic and chemical-free
- Easy to care for because the pillow and the case is machine washable and dryable
- Diversified use – your toddler can use it for nap time, use it as a transit from the crib, use in pre-school, or use for travel
Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow is the best baby pillow for a parent who’s after a pillow that requires no pillowcase. It combines hypoallergenic construction and high breathability, perfect sizing, and ergonomic design to give your young one superior alignment for healthy growth. Plus, it entails a premium quality construction that’s chemical-free to present uncompromising sleep health to your kid.
Why it ranks 4th:
The Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow is the best pillow that cracks the right balance between the right thickness for kids and delivering the right fluffy comfort. Your kid will get it all – not-too-flat support, correct fluffiness for a child, machine washability without losing shape, and polyester cluster fiber fillings that are hypoallergenic. Not everyone needs an “everything pillow” like this, but if you want it all, the Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow is the best shot to take.
- Ergonomic support: The Polyester cluster fiber filling that Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow utilizes provides a toddler’s unrivaled quality support. It isn’t too fluffy, not too flat, but strike the right balance to provide snugly support that aligns your child correctly for healthy spine growth. And the pillow conforms with use. The more your young one use the pillow, the more it will be unique to their need.
- Unrelenting Quality: The Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow is 100% hypoallergenic – it won’t contribute or cause allergy. Plus, it is machine washable without losing its shape. However, you’ll have to wash it on a cold, gentle cycle and dry it on low.
5. Celeep 2-Pack Babby Pillow Set – The best 2-pack Baby Pillow
- Comfy and cozy – uses a cradling cotton comfort with optimal fluff for superior head and neck support
- Made of 7D hollow microfiber filling to present cradling comfort
- Ideal size for standard cribs
- Evenly distributed fillings to minimize lumps that otherwise cause tossing and turning
- Hypoallergenic – it is mold, mildew, and dust mite resistance or maximum safety
- A 100% cotton cover
- Machine washable and dryable pillow for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Gives maximum value for money – your toddler get two pillows at a lower price
Celleep 2-Pack Baby Pillow is one of the few baby pillows that come as a 2-pack. It has an affordable price, without compromising quality. This broadens its appeal and reach. You get two pillows for your child that don’t get lumpy after washing. It provides a smooth sleeping surface for your baby to sleep on, and non-compromising comfort from the 7D microfiber fillings.
Why it ranks 5th:
The Celleep 2-Pack Baby Pillow is an excellent combination of specs and value-for-money. It’s a 2-pillows pack that delivers more for less, without compromising comfort or safety – factors that put it ahead of most baby pillows at the same price.
- Maximum value: The Celleep 2-Pack Baby Pillow is not a single pillow. One order comes with two pillows, well priced, with nearly all perks you’d get from the best baby pillow. Your child gets it all – cradling comfort from the 7D hollow microfiber fillings. They get the correct sizing for the crib, hypoallergenic cover, machine washability without the fear of the pillow losing its shape – all those at a discount.
- Chiropractor-recommended support: The amount and design of pillow filling that Celleep 2-Pack Baby Pillow uses are chiropractor-recommended. This is to cradle the head and your baby’s neck help in the healthy development of the spine and vertebrae. What’s more, the pillow can help with flat head syndrome because it offers a cradling cotton comfort to the head.
6. Utopia Bedding 2 Pack Toddler Pillow – Best Baby Pillow for Parents on Budget
- Each order come in two
- Strikes the right balance of firmness and softness to deliver comfortable support to the head and neck of a toddler
- Machine washable and won’t get lumpy after wash
- Uses a 100% cotton cover and 100% polyester filling that combine to deliver the right comfort
Utopia Bedding 2 pack Toddle Pack is one of the best value among the best baby pillow. And it isn’t because at $19.99, you get two pillows, but also because your toddler can squeeze more features at a reasonable price. The Utopia Bedding 2 pack Toddle Pack comes in a pair of packaging and strikes a perfect balance of firmness and softness to deliver comfortable support to your baby.
Why it ranks 6th:
The Utopia Bedding 2 pack Toddler Pack claims a spot in the top 10 of the best baby pillow because it packs nearly all the perks of our top picks at a discount. However, it misses out on a couple of flagship flourishes, like, 3D meshworks and a dual-sided pillow to counteract the newborn’s congenital fever, but your child gets great specs and comfort.
- Premium Quality Pillow: The cotton blend cover that the Utopia Bedding 2 pack Toddle Pack. It utilizes it’s naturally breathable to help keep your kid cool and comfortable at night. Besides, the cover combines with 100% polyester fillings to deliver you a machine-washable and dryable pillow. You don’t have to worry about keeping it clean and fresh.
- Pair pack: The Utopia Bedding 2 pack Toddler Pack comes in a 2-pack. It has excellent price and size, something that’s hard ever to find. And it doesn’t compromise on anything. It is soft, puffy, but not too much – just enough for a toddler. If you’re a mom of twins, the set will serve your interest best.
7. Little One’s Pillow Toddler Pillow – Best Organic Pillowcase
- A 100% certified organic cotton shell
- Hypoallergenic cluster fiber that’s squishy, supportive, and ensures that the pillow washes extremely well
- Machine washable and dryable without worrying about the pillow getting lumpy
- Chiropractors and pediatricians-designed for comfort without compromising support
- The correct amount of fillings for babies – cracks the right balance between fluffiness and the correct support
- Chemical-free cover and filling – you’re sure of your toddler’s sleep health
A powerful high-end level, cross-platform baby pillow – you’ll want to use the Little One’s Pillow Toddler Pillow with a baby of 1-3 years to get the most out of it. It incorporates a super soft 100% certified organic cotton shell that’s hypoallergenic, a squishy but supportive cluster fiber filling, and completely chemical-free construction to deliver a perfect balance of support, comfort, and sleep well.
Why it ranks 7th:
The Little One’s Pillow Toddler Pillow is genuinely cutting-edge. But you’ll pay a premium for the privileges. The pillow starts at $19.95. And while it is meticulously fluffy and comfortable, it might still be pricey for a tiny pillow.
- Chiropractors and pediatricians-designed: The Little One’s Pillow Toddler Pillow utilizes sleep-specialist-recommended craftsmanship to deliver unapparelled comfort level for a toddler. It’s filling and cover present the right balance between thin and fluffy and present excellent neck support for your little one. And the manufacture can tailor the amount of filling to suit your kid at no extra charge specifically.
- A low loft plushy pillow: As an adult, it is easier to perceive the pillow as flat, but that’s the perfect thickness for a toddler. You don’t have to worry about your baby developing neck kinks, restlessness, or unhealthy spine development because of too much fluffiness.
8. Babymoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow – Best Travel Baby Pillow
- Pediatrician-designed to present ergonomic support for healthy spine development
- Have an indented center that distributes pressure evenly over the skull to prevent the flat head syndrome
- Utilizes a gentle fabric that’s gentle on skin for improved comfort
- According to the manufacturer, it is appropriate even for infants
- Easy to care for – easy to clean as it is machine washable on the gentle cycle
- Readily portable because it is lightweight
BabyMoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow is one ot the two best baby pillow that most parents find appropriate for infants but only while attending to them to prevent the flat head syndrome. It uses a pressure-relief-center design that evenly redistributes pressure that would otherwise cause a flat head on babies less than a year. As a result, your child can move their head freely because of the cocoon-like holding effect.
Why it ranks 8th:
The BabyMoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow is excellently-featured, and its fabric is highly breathable and luxuriously comfortable on baby skin. But some trimmed features make this pillow less advance for a baby more than a year old. Its cocoon-like cradling makes this baby pillow an excellent choice for infants, but that’s not enough to break into the top half of the order.
- Pediatrician-designed for ergonomic support: Since it is recommended that infants sleep on their backs to reduce SID risks, the BabyMoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow went ahead and partner with a pediatrician to design an ergonomic pillow to prevent positional flat head syndrome. The indented center presents the cocoon-like effect that works effectively in redistributing pressure on the skull.
- Unrelenting baby comfort: The BabyMoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow utilizes 100% ultra-soft cotton casing that’s breathable, easy to care for and keep fresh, and present the correct ventilation keep your baby sweatless during the night.
9. John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow for Newborn – Best Kid-Friendly Toddler
- Superior construction – Utilizes 100% organically grown cotton to keep it safe for infant use
- GOT-certified for the surety that your infant sleeps safe – no dyes, highly hypoallergenic, and chemical-free
- Adjustable thickness – if you feel
- Double-sided infant pillow for extra use
- Easy to wash and care for
It is difficult to say that John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow For Newborn is better overall than the BabyMoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow because they are highly respected infant pillows in the baby pillow world. However, there are some clear differences between them to help you choose, and one of those is the fact that the John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow For Newborn is a bit pricer. So if you’re a parent who’s on a budget, then John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow For Newborn is the best way to go.
Why it ranks 9th:
The John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow For Newborn is an excellent animal-shaped pillow, perfect for infants fighting flat head syndrome and don’t want to compromise comfort. While it is still more expensive than a mid-range pillow, the John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow For Newborn has more features and cutting-edge specs to push it beyond the competition at this price.
- Comfy but functional design: The John N Tree Organic Baby Pillow For Newborn entail a comfortable but functional design, appropriate for newborns to help prevent the flat head syndrome. It comes with a concave center that cradles the head and distributes pressure evenly on the skull, which otherwise causes a flat head. And you can choose a favorite animal shape.
- Easy to care for: The pillow utilizes 100% natural cotton and fillings that make the pillow machine washable. When machine-washing, use the gentle cycle. Avoid hot water or the hot settings because the pillow isn’t chemically-treated and might shrink at high temperatures.
10. OCCObaby Universal Bassinet Wedge – Best Baby Wedge Pillow
- Doctor-recommended 12 ° inclination to safely elevates your baby’s head and torso for a comfortable sleep
- The 12° elevation helps reduce spit-ups and relieve congestion
- Handcrafted, artisan-knit cotton that adds an extra comfort layer
- A waterproof cover that’s stain-resistant with a non-skid bottom to ease the cleaning process
- The waterproof cover protects the pillow from spit-ups, drooling, and diaper leaks
- It fits nearly all bassinets
All the other pillows may dominate the top nine of this list, but if your baby is suffering from acid reflux or other digestion problems, the OCCObaby Universal Bassinet Wedge might be the only best shot you can take. Its doctor-recommended 12° angle of inclination safely elevates your baby’s head and torso to reduce spit-ups and relieve congestion.
Why it ranks 10th:
The OCCObaby Universal Bassinet Wedge is extremely functional to the extremes, with a 12° inclination and its artisan-knit cotton cover, waterproof casing, and easy to wash. But you’ll pay a ton for the advanced features. While its elevation delivers unbeliveable functionality, it isn’t perfec in the execution as your child might slide in the bassinet.
- The 12° angle of inclination: The elevation of OCCObaby Universal Bassinet Wedge is the most functional you’ll find on a baby pillow. It’s doctor-recommended and safely designed to fit a standard bassinet and a stroller bassinet. The angle is perfect at elevating the baby’s head and torso to promote unobstructed breathing reduced spit-ups, and relieving congestion so that your young one can sleep in peace.
- Superior waterproof cover construction: The cotton cover is luxuriously handcrafted with artisan-knit cotton to add an extra layer of comfort for your baby. It is also easy to clean and waterproof with a non-skid bottom to protect the pillow from baby spit-ups, drooling, and diaper leaks.
How we Choose the Best Baby Pillow
An infant or above-one-year old baby pillow
Picking a baby pillow is a lot like choosing a pillow for yourself, but with a few more safety considerations to keep an eye on.
However, there is no reason for you to fork over an infant pillow when your child is a toddler when there is plenty of toddler pillow or vice versa. And while the deciding factor for the infant or non-infant pillow may appear to be based on your baby’s age, you should be a way that infant should not sleep on a pillow when you aren’t attending for them.
That’s pretty clear.
For a baby pillow to be included in this top 10 list, it had to meet five requirements. It must be:
- Widely used and recommended by parents worldwide
- Offer above-board value + non-compromising comfort and support
- Actually, a baby pillow – with the right filling material, non-toxic cover, and offer the right support
- Not compromise the baby’s sleep safety
- The correct size for a young one
That’s said, here’s a follow-up question that brings everything into perspective:
Why do you need a baby pillow for your child?
The right baby pillow presents plenty of health and comfort advantages to your child. And that why it is critical, you only go for the best, because:
- The right baby pillow is of the right size and prevents the risks of suffocation and neck and back strain, which might arise from using the larger or an adult pillow
- Baby pillows utilize fillers that are safe for your kid’s health – usually cotton and polyester – which are toxin-free
- They crack the right balance of comfort and support to prevent the risk of suffocation
- They correctly align your baby’s head, neck, and shoulder while aligning the spine correctly for healthy development
- They’re readily portable because of their compact size, and you can carry them wherever you take your baby
- Some baby pillow like those with wedge design aligns the torso correctly to help you fix digestion problems with your baby
Best Baby Pillow – Editor’s Verdict
The world is full of self-proclaimed best baby pillows in exchange for a hefty fee, but above is a list of the world’s best ten – proven by already-using parents to give you the best value for your money. In fact, the least you can get from any of the ten is a slight variation of personal preference, but you can’t go wrong.
You can’t leave it to chance either.
For improved sleep comfort, the right support for a baby, and uncompromising health safety, you must only go for the best.
If you want the best, you must scrape the deeper. If you want the best, you must listen to what already-using parents say.
The good news?
We’ve shouldered the heavy work for you. After reading this post, you’re equipped with nearly everything you need to get the right pillow.
So get to work. And map out the pillow perfect for your kid.