Let’s start with a simple question.
Why should you only focus on the best CPAP pillow for a side sleeper?
Because that’s the end goal, right?
You’re not hunched over a pillow to further worsen the discomfort of your CPAP therapy. You expect relief from the horrid fatigue and headache that comes with CPAP therapy, comfort regardless of the type of masks you use, and no interference, no matter how much you switch sleeping positions.
But that rarely happens with a typical pillow. And there are lots of reasons. So we only focused on the best and most functional pillows for side sleepers. We scrape the depths of the CPAP pillow to help out the top pick. To be include, a CPAP pillow had to meet three requirements. It must be:
- Widely used and recommended by the CPAP community who sleep on the side
- Offer above-boad value + non-compromising comfort
- Actually, CPAP pillow for side sleeper
And now it is time to share what we found out.
The top 10 Best CPAP Pillow for Side Sleeper
#1- Contour Products CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow – Best CPAP Pillow for All Positions
- Ultimate adjustable CPAP comfort with the removable layers that adjust the pillow’s height
- Ergonomic mask cutout to accommodate the hose to reduce, mask leaks, dry eyes, and red lines
- 2-in-1 sleeping surface to allow you to switch between fiberfill or memory foam surface
- Hypoallergenic soft microfiber fills for healthy sleep for persons even with allergies
- Cool 3D mesh airflow side to regulate your sleeping temperature and reduce perspiration
- Excellent for CPAP users who sleep on the side as well as back sleepers
- Concave cent to improve airway alignment
- Supportive edges that add extra support and comfort
- Pressure-free cutouts to reduce mask interference
- Memory foam construction that conforms to your natural body curves
Improve your CPAP comfort with the best CPAP pillow for side sleepers you can buy today. The pillow has nearly everything a CPAP user that sleeps on the side can use.
Why it’s the best CPAP pillow for side sleepers:
It’s the value-for-money that allows Contour Products CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow to win over any other contender. Yes, its price is higher than a typical pillow, but you’re getting minimized mask leaks from the pressure-free side cutouts, superior ventilation from the ventilated foam that promotes air circulation, adjustable comfort from the pillow inserts, and exceptional comfort from the orthopedic design that present excellent support.
a) Reduced mask interference
The pressure-free side cutouts of the Countour Products CPAPMAx 2. 0 Pillow are impressive to the extremes. They minimize mask leaks, prevent your mask from shifting, and allow you to switch sleep positions and move throughout the night without compromising the therapy. The result: non-selective functionality regardless of your sleep position. What’s more, you get improved CPAP comfort – you’ll wake with no dry eyes or red lines.
b) CPAP Comfort Designing
The Contour Products CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow packs spectacular perks for comfort. First is the three-layer construction for optimal support and proper alignment benefits. The top layer entails memory foam that cradles your face’s contours. The high-resilient middle layer provides additional support for the neck, face, and shoulder. And at the bottom, a charcoal-infused layer that neutralizes odor for freshness. The layers make the pillow perfect for any sleep position. And it doesn’t stop there when it comes to comfort. It employs an orthopedic design, a cool 3D mesh airflow side, and superior construction material – all combining to give comfort like no other.
#2- EnduriMed Contour CPAP Pillow – The Best CPAP Pillow for Side-to-Side Movement
- Excellent for side movement because of its 4-corner-cutouts
- Highly responsive memory foam that strikes a balance between comfort and support
- Superior in reducing mask interference because of the 4-corner-cutouts
- Excellent for all sleep position – no tangled tubing, no facial pressure, and no air leaks
- Works might fine with nearly all type of CPAP masks – full-face masks, nasal masks, or hybrid mask
- Can work with BiPAP ans APAP masks to
- Adjustable comfort that you can achieve with the removable inserts
Rest and relax easy – even when you’re on CPAP therapy – with EnduriMed CPAP Pillow. In fact, the pillow is even technically superior that the top-ranking Contour Products CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow because of its 4-cut-out-corners that works excellently for side movement than two pressure-free cutouts. But it is a bit pricer. Other than that, the pillow has superior features to work for a side sleeper.
Why it ranks 2nd
The EnduriMed CPAP Pillow is pricer than the top-ranked pick. But it is the best CPAP Pillow a side sleeper can buy because you’ll get most from its features. It is a good value for money because you’re getting the best-you-can-find side cutout for CPAP, BiPAP, and APAP mask, adjustable comfort, superior support that eliminates pressure points, and better-than-evert air circulation.
a) Ridiculously creative and effective contour design
The 4-cut-out-corners design on this pillow delivers an all-around CPAP comfort for any sleep position. It minimizes air leaks, eliminates tubing tangling, alleviates pressure on the face, and allow the therapy to move with you whenever you move during the night. And the biggest perk is the softer but firm foam that conforms to the contours of your face, head, and shoulder to rest comfortably regardless of your sleep position. And you can adjust the thickness of the pillow. The pillow entails removable foam pads that enable you to increase or reduce the thickness of the pillow.
b) Supports nearly all type of mask
The side cutouts of EnduriMed CPAP Pillow is exemplary better than any other in the market that it can support almost all the types of masks – CPAP, APAP, and BiPAP. If you’re using a full-face CPAP mask, a nasal mask, or a hybrid for your therapy, you’re sure that its superior construction will work excellently for you.
#3- Hullo Buckwheat Pillow – Best CPAP Pillow With no Side Cutouts
- Highly malleable buckwheat fills that conforms to the contours of your CPAP mask, face, shoulder, and neck
- Highly breathable fill that improves air circulation to maintain the right sleep temperature
- Superior support because it doesn’t collapse under your head
- Adjustable thickness – through adding more or removing the buckwheat fills – to provide a customizable spine adjustment
- 100% GOTS-certified cotton that ascertains sleep health
- Machine-washable cover
Shift slightly and even more during sleep without breaking the CPAP mask’s seal – especially when sleeping with the Hullo Buckwheat pillow. Instead of using pressure-free cutout like many CPAP pillows, the Hullo Buckwheat Pillow utilizes buckwheat fills that that extremely malleable and absorb any pressure you’d apply on your CPAP mask to boost its efficacy.
Why it ranks 3rd
This is the most effective CPAP pillow without a pressure-free cutout, but more expensive than many pillows. You get it all with the Hullo Buckwheat Pillow: reduced mask leaks because it cradles the contours of the hose and masks to eliminate pressure points, customizable support by removing or adding more pillow fill, improved sleep-temperature regulation from the breathable construction, and 100% superior construction.
a) Malleable fill
The buckwheat fill construction is superior. This pillow’s big difference is in how it absorbs the excess pressure you’d exert on your CPAP mask and compromise its efficacy. Instead of pressure-free side cutouts, the fillings adjust to the hose, mask, head, neck, and shoulder contours. No, it’s efficacy in minimizing mask interruption doesn’t rhyme EnduriMed CPAP Pillows capability, but it works fine for side sleepers.
b) Superior material and construction
The Hullo Buckwheat Pillow has an excellent structure that solves even more than the CPAP discomfort problem. The fillings make the pillow conform to your body and provide cool and all-natural support to alleviate spinal strains. The cover is 100% GOTS-certified cotton that enhances breathability and no chemical-based foam that would otherwise compromise healthy sleep.
#4- Cervical Pillow Contour Memory Foam Pillow – Best Orthopedic Pillow for CPAP Users who Sleep on Sides
- Cutout area to ease pressure on your shoulder when sleeping on your sides
- Center curved area to optimally support your head and mold to the shape of the skull when you apply pressure
- Highly breathable pillowcase for superior temperature regulation
- Slow rebound memory that absorbs pressure that would otherwise interfere with CPAP therapy
- CertiPUR-Certified that translate to harmful-free chemicals for a healthy skin
Get enough sleep every day, even when you’ve been facing CPAP discomfort, with this cervical pillow that contours to the neck, shoulder, and face. The Cervical Pillow Contour Memory Foam Pillow does not explicitly target the CPAP users, but it takes everything great about a pillow for the side sleeper and elevates it into a CPAP-friendly feature. While the side contours do not specifically target CPAP usage, they can work mighty fine for the same purpose.
Why it ranks 4th
The Cervical Contour Memory Foam Pillow is one of the best cervical pillows for side sleepers to date, and it is also the most CPAP-compatible of such pillow. While the manufacturer doesn’t specifically design this pillow for CPAP usage, it has cutouts for the armrest, which works excellently in conforming to the hose and mask whenever you turn.
a) High-Quality Construction
Orthopedic design the Cervical Pillow Contour Memory Foam Pillow utilizes is functional to the extremes. Its high-quality memory foam keeps the pillow moderately hard to cradle the head to alleviate the neck and shoulder to align the body correctly. This pillow’s responsiveness makes it appropriate to absorb any pressure you’d exert on your CPAP and compromise its therapy. It has slopes that keep your head from rolling out of a stable position. The cutout sides on the top present an armrest place, keeping it at an angle so that it doesn’t sit over the front of you.
b) Perfect for side sleepers and back sleepers
If you have a cervical issue and sleep on your back of side, the pillow has a 2-horn-like side that presents better head support for the head and the cervical to align the neck and the body properly.
#5- Lunderg CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Four cutout corners to reduce mask interference
- Two adjustable height option for customized comfort and support
- Works excellently with any kind of CPAP mask – nasal mask, nasal pillow, full-face mask, mouth mask
- Employs a cooling comfort fabric for improved comfort
- High efficacy rate regardless of your sleep position
- Comes with two pillowcases for convenience
Eliminate mask leaks, tangled tubed, irritated mask lines, and sleepness at night with this CPAP pillow for a side sleeper from Lunderg. The Lunderg CPAP pillow is a sequel of EnduriMed, and it takes power and spec that makes it outstanding for side sleepers and crams them into the design of a luxury pillow.
Why it ranks 5th
This isn’t the most effective CPAP pillow with four pressure-free cutouts on the side, but it is the best value for a person who wants to stick with the cutout technology without paying through the nose. Its functionality is mighty fine. It doesn’t have a concave design on the center to cradle your head, but its superior construction is a go-to option if you’re on a budget.
a) Superior pressure-free cutout
This CPAP pillow has four pressure-free cutouts to accommodate the mask and the hose to reduce pressure points. As a result, you’ll have reduced mask leaks, noise, reduce mask shifting and interference, prevent dry eyes, reduce mask lines on your face and redness. The four cutouts at the corner make the mask even far more effective for side moving incase you toss throughout the night.
b) Comfort-inducing design
For the money, the Lunderg CPAP Pillow presents comfort enough. You get adjustable thickness for customized comfort and support by adjusting the sides. The pillow uses memory, which present conform s to your natural body curves’ contours for superior body alignment. Plus, it comes with 2 cases that make it convenient to use and utilize premium comfort fabric and cooling fabrics.
#6- PureComfort Side Sleeping Pillow – The Only CPAP Pillow with Ear Pain Relief Cutouts to ease ear pressure for side sleepers
- Ear pain and ear pressure CNH relief, which makes it appropriate for CPAP users who sleep on sides
- CertiPUR-Certified memory foam –meaning no harmful chemicals, no heavy metals, and manufacturing that entails ozone depleters
- Bamboo cover that’s hypoallergenic and highly breathable for improved temperature regulation
- Adjustable comfort and support because of the foam inserts you can use
- Great for CPAP users because its design absorbs overall facial pressure
Tap into the power of the first-ever pillow explicitly designed for side sleepers. The PureComfort Side Sleeping Pillow entails pressure-free ear cutouts that eliminate unnecessary ear pressure that would cause ear pain.
Why it ranks 6th
The PureComfort Side Sleeping Pillow is the right combination of specs and ear cutouts, making it a good value and a non-side-cut-out CPAP pillow that’s far ahead of most CPAP pillows.
a) Ear pain and ear pressure relief
The two ear cutouts on the pillow are plenty of pressure relief, especially when you sleep on the sides. In fact, the PureCOmfort Side Sleeping is the world’s only pillow with ear cutouts for side sleepers. The cutout aims at eliminating eat pain during the night. But the best of this park is that it reduces the overall facial pressure, making it appropriate even for CPAP users who sleep on sides.
b) Rest-assured quality
The material and craftsmanship of the PureComfort Side Sleeping Pillow are CertiPUR-Certified. The certification translates to the right standards of content emission, durability, and free from chemical toxins. Plus, the pillow is hypoallergenic and uses dust and mite resistance soft bamboo cover, making it great for a person with an allergy.
#7- Mars Wellness CPAP Pillow – Best CPAP Pillows for Side and Stomach Sleepers
- Superior CPAP comfort
- Excellent for all sleeping positions
- Cracks the right balance between comfort and support
- The pressure-free cutouts accommodate the mask and the tubing for less interference
- Ultra-soft but does not compromise support – it prevents red marks and pressure sores for increased therapy efficacy
- Suitable for CPAP, BiPAP, and APAP mask
Re-write CPAP comfort with the Mars Wellness CPAP Pillow because it packs nearly all the top-ranked CPAP pillow perks for side sleepers at a discount. More importantly, it has pressure-free cutouts that eliminate the problem of over-tightening your mask, which otherwise derails the mask, causing air leaks.
Why it ranks 7th
The Mars Wellness CPAP Pillow misses out on a couple of flagships like the 4-cut-out side, but it has got great specs and comfort for the price. It takes designing a CPAP pillow for a side sleeper and acts more functional because of its top-shelf specs. As long as you are after a CPAP pillow for side sleeping, the price is right for this one.
a) Innovative Design
The Mars Wellness CPAP Pillow utilizes a more cushioned, supportive molded foam base, a dual fabric design, a silky quilted material that follows a pillow contour so that your CPAP mask and shoulder readily glide over these areas as you move throughout the night while cushioning your head with soft velour. The pillow promotes proper support and contact-free CPAP use.
b) Adjustable comfort
The Mars Wellness CPAP Pillow presents a good comfort thanks to the pillow inserts’ adjustable thickness. As a result, you can have customizable comfort. The real news is its pillowcase that’s removable and machine washable for easy care.
#8- Scandvia CPAP Pillow For Side Sleepers
- Side cutouts to prevent tangled tubing
- Premium foam for reduced mask pressure
- Removable and washable cover
- Ergonomic shape to promote proper sleeping posture
- Scientifically-designed pillow to provide maximum support
- Unobstructed stripe pattern design
Experience the benefits of using a CPAP pillow maximally with a full suite of features from Scandvia CPAP Pillow. Yes, it is a combination of a CPAP pillow and cervical as, but the manufacturer trims perks of the cutouts to crack the hybrid’s balance.
Why it ranks 8th
Scandvia CPAP Pillow is a powerful balance of CPAP pillow and cervical pillow. But some trimmed features make this pillow less advanced than the competition. Scandvia knack for superior support still makes this CPAP pillow the right choice for a side sleeper, but that isn’t enough to break into the top half of the order. Its ergonomic design makes it a surprisingly effective pillow, though, and any CPAP user who experiences neck pains would benefit most from its technology.
a) Superior Side Cutouts
The Scandvia CPAP Pillow has cutouts that prevent the pillow from pressing against the connective hose or the face mask, which causes a small opening to form around the mask seal leading to leaks. The cutout design cushions the head and the mask, alleviating leaks, pressure soreness, or pressure lines.
b) Orthopedic design
Fight the typical neck pain or improper body alignment while still enjoying the benefits of a CPAP pillow. The big reason why the Scandvia CPAP pillow finds a spot on the top ten list is that it combines orthopedic design that provides extra neck support and CPAP specs to deliver a superior spine and pelvis alignment. Otherwise, you might develop pain and pressure points.
#9- RespLabs CPAP Pillow –Best Contoured Pillow Exclusive for CPAP, BiPAP, and APAP users
- Contoured cutouts for side sleeping when wearing CPAP mask
- Has intents suitable for any CPAP mask
- Viscoelastic memory foam to provide conforming comfort
- One side is contoured for the full-face mask while the second side is contoured for the nasal mask
Meet one of the pillows that take CPAP therapy comfort and compliance to the next level. The RespLab CPAP Pillow is indeed ultra-billed as one of the ultimate CPAP pillows, thanks to the top-of-the-line pecs on paper. It is an evolution of the max-specced CPAP pillow, and its execution is also one of the best.
Why it ranks 9th
The RespLab CPAP pillow is genuinely cutting-edge, with one of its side contoured cutouts for a full face mask and the other contoured for a nasal mask. But you’ll pay a premium for the privilege: the pillow starts at $59.99, and while its functionality has unbelievable specs, like customized indents suitable for any CPAP mask, it is still a bit pricey.
a) World’s best-contoured cutouts
The contoured cutouts for side sleeping in the RespLab CPAP Pillow are the best we’ve seen, coming in on both sides of the pillow – one for a full-face mask and the other for a nasal mask. Plus, its customized indents are suitable for any CPAP masks or any sleep position you find comfortable.
#10- Core Product Double Edge CPAP Pillow
- Unique shaping to accommodate CPAP mask, hoses, and headgear
- Improve the efficacy of CPAP therapy by reducing mask leaks and pressure points
- Improves CPAP comfort and compliance
- Appropriate for sides as well as stomach sleepers
Increase comfort and compliance of CPAP therapy by eliminating pressure points, soreness, and air leaks with Core Product Double Edge CPAP Pillow. It is one of the littlest (and least pricey) CPAP pillows, both in size and features. While it loses out on a few of the cutting-edge features like foam construction, its remaining arsenal of the flagship specs – unique designing to accommodate CPAP mask, hoses, and headgear, and allowing nearly all sleep positions – make the pillow standout at a discount.
Why it ranks 10th
The Core Product Double Edge CPAP is a fantastic pillow, perfect for anyone who wants some of the high-end features in a side-sleeper-friendly package and at a lower price. While it is more expensive than a midrange CPAP pillow, the Core Product Double Edge CPAP has more features and cutting edge specs to push it beyond the competition at the discounted price.
a) Unique shaping
The CPAP-accommodating design is superior, with the right pressure-free zones and comfort to present a distinct edge allowing the pillow to comfortably accommodate the mask and hose over the sides of the pillow. This phenomenon prevents mask interference and keeps the CPAP mask from moving or exerting unnecessary pressure on your face.
b) Superior Support
The crescent-shaped cutout isn’t the world’s best design for support, but it will contour your shoulder for a restful night’s sleep. And the pillow is firm enough – cracking the right balance between support and comfort throughout the night. Plus, you have the option to choose between 3-inch, 4-inch, and 5-inch for a far customized comfort.
Methodology: How We Picked the Top 10 Best CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers
The best CPAP pillow for side sleepers delivers excellent flexibility, the freedom you need to switch sleeping positions, and comfort that improves CPAP compliance. And when it comes to buying a CPAP pillow, some people may prefer to have the pillow with the best-defined cutouts along with advanced specs. And others want the freedom to adjust their pillow thickness for customizable comfort.
To help you pick the best pillow for you, we scrape the CPAP pillow’s world, identifying the best, and then hand-picked the best ten.
And to ascertain a CPAP pillow is appropriate, it had to meet five requirements. It must be:
- Widely used and recommended by the side-sleepers community
- Non-compromising on comfort and support
- Have a special feature to counteract pressure that a typical pillow exert on the therapy and reduce its efficacy
- Use material the does not compromise a healthy sleep
- Allow side sleeper to move without interfering with the CPAP mask or its tubing
And that begs the question:
Why do you need a CPAP Pillow for a Side Sleeper? If You Sleep on Your Sides?
There are plenty of reasons you’ll need a CPAP pillow. But below are the most common reasons:
- The unique shape, design, and materials of a CPAP pillow for side sleeper will allow you to move with you throughout the night
- For pillows with pressure-free cutouts, they account for your CPAP mask and tubing, preventing mask leaks along the way
- CPAP pillow reduces the chance of red marks, and usual pressure sores occur if you go for a typical pillow
- The combination of cutouts and ergonomic construction also help eliminate neck pain, arthritis, and stiffness in the process
- It provides a neutral spinal position allowing your spine to remain straight instead of slightly bending upward or downward
That said, how exactly do pillows help support CPAP machine?
How Pillows Improve the Efficacy of CPAP Therapy
When choosing the right support for your body during the night, you’d want to select a pillow that rhymes your sleep position for superior cervical alignment. While stomach and back sleepers will find the thinner pillow effective, a side sleeper will benefit most from a thicker and firmer choice.
And when the CPAP machine enters into account, you’ll need to think about the mask and the tubing. And when it comes to these added factors, there is a limited array of choices to choose from. But there are choices.
Best CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers: Final Thoughts
You know you’re in rarefied air, right?
But by this point, we’ve covered a lot in this post. So it would be right to wrap it up with a quick checklist to help you choose the best pillow for side sleepers. Here are the essential things to remember:
- Unless you’re already comfortable with your CPAP therapy, you’ll find a CPAP pillow effective in improving the therapy comfort and compliance
- When evaluating efficacy for side-sleeping, look for pressure-free contoured side cutouts and malleability that absorb the pressure that a typical pillow would exert on the mask to compromise the therapy
- The comfort of your pillow matters more than the technical specs
- You should expect improved CPAP comfort regardless of which pillow you choose from the top ten list
- If you’re tired of thinking about these kinds of stuff, go with the EnduriMed CPAP Pillow. It is a well-rounded CPAP pillow, and no matter the type of mask you use, or the position you sleep on, you’re confident you won’t go wrong.
Follow those recommendations, and you’ll save yourself tons of time, money, and headaches.