So is there a universal device that prevents throat muscle tissues from relaxing while you sleep? The Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS) claims to do so. On its tagline, it states,” Stop snoring start living.” Do you still wheeze and snort your way through the night when you should be sleeping soundly? If your answer is yes, then you’re definitely not alone.
In fact, you are among 3 billion people who snore every night. If truth be told, we are a snoring species, and snoring isn’t particularly wicked.
Sure it seems nasty. It’s horrible, and especially for lovers who share a bed. However, it can be managed in both simple and complex ways.
There are myriads of devices out there dedicated to treating snoring issues. However, they are not alike.
Some are designed for specific conditions; others are universal, while a few are approved for medical use.
Truth is, the market is flooded with all manner of products that are no longer easy to single out the best. Some products are excellent, while others don’t work at all. Others are just uncomfortable. It is nearly impossible to find a fit-it-all anti-snoring aid for everyone.
Nonetheless, the best anti-snore aid solution depends on your snoring situation and the root cause of your snoring. To some, the cause of snoring is sleeping position, allergies, stuffy noses, or medication, while to others, it might be severe constriction of the airway – a sign of sleep apnea.
For the most part, snoring is usually due to throat muscles relaxing and airways narrowing during sleep. When the airway becomes partially obstructed, the air forces its way through, causing vibration in the throat.
But, does the product really get the work done as it claims? Or is it a mere exaggeration?
To shed on some light on this, we are going to put Good Morning Snore Solution to test and explore:
- What is Good Morning Snore Solution?
- Who is Behind the company?
- How Good Morning Solution Precisely Works?
- How effective is Good Morning Solution in Treating Snoring?
- Care and Maintenance of the Product?
- How does the product differ from Other Anti-snoring aid in the market?
- And Lots more.
Let’s get started.
What is Good Morning Snore Solution?
The Good Morning Snore Solution works by opening the airway and keeping the tongue from falling back into the throat when you’re sleeping.
The design of the mouthpiece is like an inverted pacifier for a baby.
As with any other tongue-retaining device, the Good Morning Snore Solution will work best if you understand the root cause of your snoring. In this case, the Good Morning snore solution can be a good option for you if your snoring results from tongue relaxation.
One can reduce snoring significantly or even stop when your tongue is not obstructing your airway at night.
However, if you’ve got severe sleep apnea, and if your snoring results from cold, allergy, or sinus blockage, this mouthpiece cannot help you.
What’s more, the device is not for you if you’re looking for a substitute for the CPAP machine or a medical anti-snore device.
Who is Behind the Good Morning Snore Solution?
The Good Morning Snore Solution is an original product of a respected Calgary dentist and sleep researcher, Dr. Leslie Dort.
As part of her clinical practice and research at the University of Calgary, Dr. Dort saw the potential for an alternative to the complicated, uncomfortable, and often expensive snoring solution on the market.
So she poured years of intense scientific research into finding a snoring device.
Her 15 years of experience enabled her to explore the mechanics of snoring holistically. The result? She discovered an ingeniously simple but effective anti-snoring strategy—tongue stabilization. Indeed, this is the core idea behind the Good Morning Snore Solution.
Next, Dr. Dort’s original mouthpiece prototypes went through clinical safety and performance trials. The trial was published in the peer-review medical journal. This provided independent third-party validation of the strengths of the design.
In 2008 the technology received a license from the University of Calgary and Dr. Leslie Dort. And the MPowrx company was incorporated. The company received regulatory clearance to manufacture, sell, and distribute in Canada, followed by the FDA, EU CE Mark, and Australian ARTG regulatory clearance in 2010.
Good Morning Snore Solution is the first product of Mpowrx—a health and wellness company with its headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Today, Mpowrx manufactures from the United States and distributes to Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
Design and Functionality Of GoodMorning Snore Solution
There are two main types of anti-snore mouthpiece designs in the anti-snoring world—The Mandibular Adjustment Device (MAD) or the Tongue Stabilizing Device (TSD).
The Good Morning Snore Solution is in the category of TSD.
While both the MAD and TSD can give excellent results, the TSD style has some cutting edge over the MAD.
Plenty of users find TSDs more comfortable than the MADs because they are less intrusive.
GMSS utilizes a high-quality plastic—dental resin—which is BPA and BHA free. The device is registered as an ISO-certified medical device by the FDA, Canada, the EU, CE, AND Australia.
Besides, the device enjoys a backup of a health professional, with some dentists and sleep clinics recommending and selling GMSS mouthpieces at their offices.
How Good Morning Snore Solution Works
Essentially, snoring is often a result of relaxation of the muscle in the back of the throat during sleep, blocking airflow through the mouth. Many factors might induce this blockage, including excess weight, smoking, alcohol, specific medication, allergies, sleep apnea, or physiological impairment.
Good Morning Snore Solution alleviates snoring by moving the tongue forward in the mouth to maintain an open airway, which causes snoring when otherwise blocked.
The device works by suction. The Good Morning Snore Solution sucks the tip of your tongue so that it remains in the proper place while you sleep.
While MAD users might experience adverse side effects and pain, very few people find flaws in TSD because of their operation style.
However, persons with small mouths might experience slight tongue soreness, which might take some time to adjust to the device’s usage.
The best part with Good Morning Snore solution is that you’ll require no customization process.
How Effective is Good Morning Snore Solution
Tongue Stabilizing devices tend to perform favorably in scientific tests.
In 2008, a study by the Journal of Sleep and Breathing found that tongue retaining devices were more comfortable and more likely to be chosen by 70% of participants.
70% of persons under the study wished to continue using Good Morning Snore Solution because it either decreased their snoring problem or disturbance during sleep. This resulted in better sleep and rest.
However, while Good Morning Snore Solution does a great job of reducing snoring, it only focuses on obstructions caused by the tongue muscle’s relaxation. Meaning, this product cannot address the snoring caused relaxation of the nasal soft tissue.
How to Use Good Morning Snore Solution
Unlike other mouthpieces, Good Morning Snore Solution is one of the easiest mouthpieces to use. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fit it and remove it.
Step-by-Step Fitting Guide
- First, place the flange between your lips and front teeth, denture, or gums
- Then squeeze the bulb with your thumb and first finger while sucking the air out of the bulb
- Insert the tip of your tongue into the bulb while releasing your thumb and finger
- Relax your tongue
When done, the bulb should protrude from the mouth slightly. After several such practices, the fitting process that you’ll not have problems pulling out the tongue.
How to Remove The Good Morning Snore Solution
To remove the device, gently squeeze the bulb and remove your tongue from it.
How to Fix Suction Problems
Since everyone is unique, the Good Morning Snore Solution will have variation for each user.
Some will find the device suction too strong and make their tongue sore at first. Others will feel the device has too little suction to keep their tongue in the proper position all night.
To get you just the right suction, here are some adjustments to pull out:
When the Suction is Too Much
If the suction seems too high, add a bit more air to the bulb during the tongue’s placement to be more comfortable.
When the Suction is Too Little
If you find the suction not sufficient enough, you can add a small dab of olive oil in the bulb to create a better seal.
With a bit of adjustment and time for the body to customize with the mouthpiece, most users reach a point where everything is just right.
Some people may think of cutting, trimming, or heating the Good Morning Snore Solution to modify it to fit better. While it may or may not work in the end, this modification might compromise the device’s quality and safety.
How to Clean Good Morning Snore Solution
With proper maintenance, your device should last around one year.
To correctly clean GMSS, you can either use cold water and a certified cleaning solution. Cleaning solution includes denture, retainer, or sports mouth guard cleaners.
It is essential you avoid harsh cleaners or excessively hot water because it might damage the mouthpiece.
To make maintenance easier when starting, Good Morning Snore Solution comes with some cleaning solution (a small Efferdent Power Clean Crystals) to clean the device.
To use it, you’ll need warm water:
- Then, fill a bowl with warm water
- After that, pour the Efferdent Power Clean Crystals in the packet into the bowl
- Next, put the mouthpiece in the bowl for three minutes
- After three minutes, remove the mouthpiece from the bowl and wash it off with warm water
Do not swallow or gargle the solution. The Efferdent Power Clean Crystals samples contain persulfates, which are well-known allergen and might cause an allergic reaction.
If you have allergies to persulfates, you can seek alternatives to a cleaning product that lacks persulfates.
How to Store Good Morning Snore Solution?
As we said earlier, the Good Morning Snore solution requires little maintenance. And that isn’t any different when it comes to storage.
The mouthpiece comes with a storing case.
After use, clean it, air-dry it, and store it in the casing it comes with.
What Makes Good Morning Snore Solution a Unique Mouthpiece?
Generally, there are two types of snoring mouthpieces, Tongue Stabilization devices and Mandibula Advancement Devices.
A Tongue Stabilizing Device (TSD) is a snoring mouthpiece, often made of flexible plastic or silicone resins that treat snoring and sleep apnea by holding the tongue forward.
On the flip side, a Mandibular Adjustment Device (MAD) advances the jaw forward. It commonly treats sleep apnea and snoring.
While the two alleviate snoring, tongue stabilizing devices might be a better fit for persons without teeth, persons with dentures on the upper and the lower teeth, have a dental complication. Besides, it can suit a person who finds Mandibular Adjustment Devices uncomfortable.
Who is this device suitable for?
- Mouth snorer
- Alcohol consumers because drinking before sleep increases the chances of mouth snoring
- Mild to moderate sleep apnea sufferers,
- People who find MADs Uncomfortable or Painful
- Individuals wearing dentures or other dental appliances like the crown
Who is the Device Not Suitable for?
- People with a blocked nose
- Severe sleep apnea sufferers (people with central or obstructive sleep apnea)
- People with a respiratory problem that requires them to breathe through the mouth
- Patients with sensitive or unhealthy gums
- People already using a mouthguard or splint for bruxism
- Those who cannot breathe functionally through their nose
- A person congested from cold, flu, or allergies and cannot breathe even with nasal sprays
- People with asthma or other respiratory disorder
- Persons with chronic nasal congestion, blockage to sinusitis
Precaution/ Health Info
Good Morning Snore Solution may cause:
- Tooth movement or changes in dental occlusion
- Dental soreness
- Pain or soreness to temporomandibular joint
- Obstruction of oral breathing
- Excessive salivation for first-time users
Effectiveness of Good Morning Snore Solution for a Varying form of Sleep Apnea?
While many people view snoring as a joke or something to be embarrassed about, it can be a sign of severe breathing issues. Snoring might be a sign of sleep apnea.
Sleep apnea is a disorder that causes breathing to stop randomly or become shallow while you’re sleeping, which might cause uncomfortable nights.
The breathing pause might last for a few seconds to minutes and can occur 30 or more times an hour.
And there are three types of sleep apneas:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea—This is sleep apnea that is a result of airways blockage. It occurs in the soft tissue at the back of the throat collapse while one is asleep. What’s more, physiologically, smallmouth develops when the facial bones and the skull are growing, which puts the mouth lower than a regular face and a tongue that might be large.
- Central Sleep apnea—This is a far different form of obstructive sleep apnea. It happens when the brain fails to signal the muscle to breathe because of the respiratory control center’s inability.
- Complex sleep apnea—This is a combination of obstructive and central sleep apnea.
So of all the sleep apneas, Good Morning Snore Solution can only treat obstructive sleep apnea.
On the flip side, central and complex sleep apnea requires more aggressive treatment.
What are the Potential Side Effects of Using Good Morning Snore Solution?
- A person might take time to get accustomed to using the mouthpiece
- It might cause gum pain
- It might cause dry mouth
- First-time users experience excessive drooling
- The mouthpiece might not stay put all night
Product Review( Pros & Cons)
- Clinically proven to reduce snoring with a 70% success rate
- Works effectively for persons with a denture or sensitive teeth
- Applicable for mild to moderate sleep apnea
- The mouthpiece is lightweight and readily portable
- It requires no fitting for one to bite like many boil-and-bite mouthpieces
- It doesn’t cause jaw soreness
- A small tip that doesn’t require you to constrain the entire tongue
- Relatively expensive. Cost nearly $100 while some mouthpiece are $10 or less
- You must be able to breathe through your nose comfortably. Other mouthpieces have air openings that allow you to breathe through the mouth
- Might cause tongue discomfort before you get used to it
Shipping and Pricing (What About Refund Policy)
How much Does Good Morning Snore Solution Cost?
- A single pack costs $99.94 + $9.95 shipping –I include one mouthpiece
- Young Adult Single Pack goes for $89.94
- Original Multipack costs $129.94
- Young Multipack goes for $129.94
- Variety Pack costs $129.94
What are the Shipping Options for the Mouthpiece?
- United State –USPS First-Class with Tracking (3-5 BUSINESS Days)
- Canada –Canada Post with Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- United Kingdom –ROYAL Mail First Class Packet with Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- European Region — Royal Mail International (5-15 Business Days)
- Australia – Australia Post With Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- Asia Pacific region—Australia Post International with tracking (5-15 Business Days)
The Return Policy of The Good Morning Snore Solution
GMSS offers a 30-day and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
For that reason, the buyer has 30 days to try the device and return it if it doesn’t work. However, it will cost you shipping and handling fee to return the product. And if the manufacturer fails to refund the product, the buyer will incur the re-shipping fee.
The 30 days trial period is long enough—more than twice longer—as it should take to feel comfortable wearing it and seeing it at its full performance to stop you snoring.
To return GMSS:
- Email the manufacture through email@example.com with:
- A description of experience using the mouthpiece
- The email address you used to order the product
- The purchase’s order number
- Next, you’ll receive an RMA number
- And finally, mail-back everything shipped to you
Can Good Morning Snore Solution be Used instead of CPAP?
Clinical studies support the use of Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece for treatment of mild to moderate sleep apnea.
While many people already use GMSS instead of a CPAP machine, or a temporary substitute on vacation and trip, you should consult with a doctor first. The CPAP machine is typically recommended for people with more severe conditions.
What if One Wear an Orthodontic Device or Guard for Teeth Grinding?
Some individuals find the Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece to be an adequate replacement for night guard because it has the same effect of preventing their teeth from making direct contact during sleep.
However, since people have varying physiology and the individual conditions, you should consult a dentist before wearing Good Morning Snore Solution.
Ultimately, the one-million-dollar question is: Should you buy Good Morning Snore Solution?
The answer depends on several things
The answer is yes if :
- You snore via the mouth
- You have mild to moderate sleep apnea
- Your snoring is a result of overweight
- Wear dentures
- You snore because of alcohol consumption
- You find Mandibular Adjustment Devices uncomfortable
On the other hand, the answer is no if:
- You’re using a mouth guard or splint for bruxism
- You’re suffering from severe sleep apnea
- You have a jaw issue or bite misalignment
- You have gingivitis or swollen gums
- Your snoring is a result of allergies or problems that may require mouth breathing
- You’ve got asthma or other respiratory issues
Good Morning Snore solution doesn’t work for people who breathe through the mouth – regardless of whether you are snoring or not.
This means you need to know what type of snorer you are. To make an informed decision and have more success with the Good Morning Snore Solution, identify the cause of your snoring.
All in all, GMSS is the right solution for snoring and has proven to work well for plenty of customers. If you have a problem with MADs causing jaw soreness, this product is for you.
How long will it last?
The device can last up to a year with proper care and regular cleanings.
Are there different sizes of Good Morning Snore Solution?
No. There is only one size of Good Morning Snore Solution you can buy.
Are There Different Versions for Men anD Women?
No. Good Morning Snore Solution has a universal fit.
Does Good Morning Snore Solution Contain BPA?
No. Good Morning Snore Solution is BPA and BHA free which makes it safe to use.
What’s the Guarantee?
The Good Morning Solution comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. A 30-days is enough time to test if this mouthpiece will work for you. If it doesn’t reduce snoring or you don’t get accustomed to it, you can send it back.
Can Good Morning Snore Solution treat sleep apnea?
Yes, Good Morning Snore Solution can treat mild to moderate sleep apnea and snoring. However, if you have severe sleep apnea, it might require you to seek more aggressive treatment.
Persons with sensitive gum and teeth, chronic swollen or sore gums from gingivitis, or underlying medical or dental condition should consult a physician before ordering the Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece.