We scraped the world of mattresses to understand better what makes a mattress fit for a stomach sleeper. And to help identify the best mattress for stomach sleepers.
Specifically, we analyzed:
- The ability of a mattress to deliver the right support and cushion the midsection – should not sink and distort the natural curvature of the spine
- The motion isolation characteristic that suits a stomach sleeper
- Additional features that enhance sleep comfort
- If there is a one-size-fit-all mattress for a particular sleep position
- And more
And here’s a summary of our findings:
While there is no one-size-fits-all mattress for a particular sleep position, you can’t compromise support and cushioning for the midsection if you’re a stomach sleeper – it’s all that aligns the spine correctly.
Plus, an excellent balance of comfort, support, motion isolation, and breathability would serve a stomach sleeper’s best interest.
For that reason, we explored the mattress world, only focusing on the best, most useful, and widely recommended units for belly-sleepers. Then, we hand-picked the best ten.
And now it’s time to share what we discovered.
1. Nectar Queen Mattress – The Best Value For Money
- Gel memory foam that strikes the right balance of cushioning and support
- Has a dense polyfoam core that prevents excessive sinkage that otherwise misaligns the spine of belly-sleepers
- Relatively inexpensive without compromising performance
- Comes with a 365-nights trial
- Has a quilted gel memory foam on top and a cooling cover for superior cooling comfort
- Has a breathable base layer that contributes to temperature regulation
- Offers a lifetime warranty
- Comes with two free premium pillows
One reason makes the Nectar Mattress is the best option for stomach sleepers:
It’s priced so well and has nearly all the features you might need in a mattress when sleeping on your belly.
Why it’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers: It is the value for money that allows Nectar Mattress to win over any other competitor. The mattress starts at $499. Yes, it’s the price is higher than a typical mattress, but you get five layers of comfort, even distribution of weight and body heat, a lifetime warranty, and even two free premium pillow – things that you won’t find even on Nectar’s closest competitors.
* Superior support for stomach-sleeping position
The Nectar Mattress’s firmness and memory foam construction molds to natural body curves without excessive sinking – something that makes it a solid option for stomach sleepers. While the mattress contours to the sleeper’s body, the high-density core eliminate motion and prevents sagging around the midsection for improved spinal alignment. And that’s a wrap.
* Five layers of comfort
The Nectar Mattress packs a five-comfort-layers. And that’s a lot. The top layer is soft, airy, with a quilted Tencel mattress cover that helps in temperature regulation even in hot summers. The second layer is a gel memory foam that redistributes weight and conforms to your body curves. Next is a high-density but responsive core that provides the right support to prevent sinking, backed with a base layer to reinforce support. On the bottom is a mattress cover that ensures that spillage is not an issue.
2. Idle Hybrid Mattress – Best Pressure Relief Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Coil support core for correct tension management and unsinkable support regardless of the side you sleep
- Double-sided to present a choice of firmness
- Thermal cool top fabric that isn’t temperature – the mattress will feel the same in cold and hot seasons
- Superior foam construction that conforms to body curves and temperature
- Comes with carrying handles for easy handling
- 8-inch quantum edge-to-edge pocketed coils to provide the best support and motion transfer
The Idle Hybrid Mattress is one of the expensive hybrid mattresses for stomach sleepers. Its biggest perk is that it comes with superior coil support. Get read ready for extreme motionless support with responsive bouncy. The double-sided feature brings a new trick of choosing the level of firmness you desire and superior durability because it is flippable.
Why it ranks 2nd:
This hybrid mattress is one of the world’s most functional mattresses for stomach sleepers, but more expensive than nearly all the competitors. You get it all with Idle Hybrid Mattress: extreme comfort, non-changing mattress feel regardless of temperature, motionless support with responsive bouncy feel, reversible, dual-firmness construction, and compatibility with any bed. Not every belly-sleeper needs an everything-mattress like this, but if you want it all, the Idle Hybrid is the best shot you can take.
* Responsive coil support
The responsive but motionless coil support of Idle Hybrid is impressive. A significant difference in the support is the responsivity and bouncy feel. The coils offer strong support so the stomach sleeper can’t sink in the midsection. Plus, both the sleep surfaces entail a polyfoam comfort layer that conforms and cushions the body for far superior support.
* Temperature insensitive foams
The Idle Mattress has the best foams on a mattress, and that’s partly because of its insensitivity to temperature. Therefore, the mattress feels the same regardless of what the temperature is, making the mattress suitable for those who sleep hot.
3. Awara Organic Mattress – The Best Organic Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- A combination of pocketed coil and natural latex foam support that present neutral spine alignment, even weight distribution, pressure relief, and minimal motion transfer
- Natural Dunlop latex foam that contours to the body shape and offsets pressure points on the neck, shoulder, back, and hips
- Natural organic materials to ensure you sleep healthy
- The wool cover is highly breathable and has moisture-wicking properties, thus, presenting a cooling comfort
- Comes with a 180-night trial and a lifetime warranty
- The natural Dunlop latex foam brings a touch of bounce that you can’t get with old-fashioned memory foam
The Awara Organic Mattress takes everything great about a hybrid mattress and elevates it. The extra for the Awara Organic Mattress might not worth the notable price hike up to $1,499 to everyone, but this organic mattress is undeniably the best natural unit you can find.
Why it ranks 3rd:
The Awara Organic Mattress is the most powerful organic unit a stomach sleeper can go for to date. But it is also among the priciest. While the same amount can buy you an inorganic mattress with superior specs, some people only want to deal with organic material. In that case, you get natural Dunlop latex foam that has a bounce touch, superior pocketed coils support, cooling comfort from the wool cover, and assurance of healthy sleep.
* Hybrid Support System
The Awara Organic Mattress support system is one of the best you can ever find. It utilizes a natural latex foam combined with a premium pocketed coil to present far superior support that relieves pressure on the neck, shoulder, back, and hips. As a result, it keeps your spine in a neutral alignment while distributing your weight evenly.
* 100% organic and natural materials
The all-natural approach of the Awara Organic Mattress is impressive. The top cover comprises pure wool and cotton that present superior cooling comfort from its breathability and wicking capability. The latex foam is chemical-free and excellent in presenting the right support combined with the pocketed spring core.
4. Leesa Original Mattress – Best for Couples
- Three premium foam layers mattress to present the support for all body types and sleep position
- Utilize a micro-cell structured foam to promote airflow while still providing the right amount of hug and bounce effect
- Comes with a 100-night risk-free trial with a 10-year warranty
- Contours to the body shape to relieve back, hip, and shoulder pressure
- A highly breathable mattress cover for superior comfort
If you sleep on your stomach and share your bed with a partner, then a bed that supports both your needs is the best you can go for. And Leesa Original Mattress best shot you can take.
Why it ranks 4th:
While Leesa Original Mattress is less expensive than all the units above it, it doesn’t cut corners. You’re getting an all-foam mattress with a middle-of-the-road firmness, micro-cell structured foam for superior airflow, a highly breathable top cover that keeps you sweatless all night, and conforming support for superior spinal alignment.
* The three-layer foam support
The triple-foam structure can support more than one stomach sleeper for one reason—it conforms to the natural body curve. The top layer entails a highly breathable foam, the second layer is memory foam that offers responsive support, and the final layer is a core support layer. Together they combine to present the right support for a belly-sleeper.
* Cooling comfort
If you always sleep hot, Leesa Original Mattress present microcell structured foam that promotes airflow while still providing the perfect amount of hug and bounce. As a result, you sleep cooler and comfortable.
5. Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress – Best for Stomach Sleepers With Back Pain
- Zoned support that’s continuously ergonomic for full-body relief
- Has a top layer of perforated breathable foam that allows free airflow
- Has a supportive memory foam that has three ergonomic zones that help align the spine and present relief
- Excellent support and cooling features suitable for persons with aches and require maximum support
- Come with a 100-night risk-free trial
The Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress is ultra billed ad the ultimate mattress for persons who are after maximum support without sacrificing comfort, thanks to the top-of-line specs on paper. It is an evolution of max-specced full-foam mattress, though its execution isn’t the best.
Why it ranks 5th:
The Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress is genuinely cutting-edge, with continuous ergonomic zones and superior breathability. But you’ll pay a premium for the privilege – the mattress starts at $1495, and while its support has unbelievable relief to back pain, some people find it a little too firm and comfortable.
* Zoned support
The continuous ergonomic zones for full-body relief is the most advanced support system you can get. The mattress is softer around the shoulder and firmer around the hips, waist, and lower back for healthy spinal alignment for all sleeping positions. Plus, the mattress strikes the right balance of softness and firmness to deliver the right support without compromising comfort.
* Highly breathable foam construction
The superior foam construction of Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress rugulate airflow, so you sleep cool. The top coating entails a cooling gel that keeps the mattress breathable and adds a refreshing feel. The second layer has holes that let hot air and body heat out to help you stay at a perfect temperature all night.
6. T&N Original Mattress – Best Value for Stomach Sleepers on a Budget
- Adaptive foam that doesn’t sink, thus presenting support and comfort to all sleeping position
- Open-cell structure foam to provide a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- Cool comfort from the advanced T&N foam that pulls heat away with cooling graphite and gel beads wrapped in the breathable plush cover
- CertiPUR-US and Greenguard Gold certified – you don’t need to worry about harmful chemical
- Comes with a 100-night sleep trial and hassle-free limited warranty
- Presents the right balance between firm and plush
T&N Original Mattress is the sequel of the high-end mattress, and it takes the powers and specs you’d love in a memory foam mattress and cram them into the T&N adaptive foam.
Why it ranks 6th:
This isn’t the world’s best mattress for stomach sleepers, but it is the best value for people who want high-end-like value without paying through the nose. Its adaptive-foam technology won’t wow you like a motionless hybrid mattress, but starting at $350 means this is hard to be if you’re on a budget and don’t want to compromise sleep comfort.
* The T&N Adaptive Foam support
The proprietary foam T&N Original Mattress uses is customer-tailored to provide the right support in the midsection, provide pressure relief, and provide a flexible sleep surface that adjusts as one moves throughout the night. And that’s important for belly-sleeper.
* Superior cooling system
Unlike a typical latex or memory foam, the T&N foam pulls away heat from the body cooling using cooling graphite and gel beads wrapped in the breathable plush cover. For that reason, you remain cool and comfortable all night.
7. TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress – Best Shock-Absorbing Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- TEMPUR support layer and TEMPUR-ES comfort layer combine to offer advanced adaptability for exemplary personalized comfort and support
- Superior support from over 1000 premium springs that works excellently with TEMPUR material for ultimate support
- Advance cooling from a cooling cover that features premium knit technology for a better cool-to-touch feel
- 100-night risk-free trial with a 10-year warranty
TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress is an advanced version of a hybrid mattress with shock-absorbing capabilities. It combines the flagship specs with its shock-absorbing technology to bring the most customizable support and comfort for a stomach sleeper.
Why it ranks 7th:
TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress is among the world’s best options a stomach sleeper can go for, but its price bump is aggressive. However, you get it all – advanced adaptability support and comfort, superior support from the combination of premium spring coil core, cooling comfort from its knit technology, and a 10-year warranty.
The TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress utilizes a series of memory foam layers and premium spring coils that combine to offer advanced adaptability of support and comfort. You won’t have to worry about the mid-section sinking because the core entails over 1000 premium spring coils to offer the right support for a stomach sleeper.
Advanced cooling technology
While the memory foam allows airflow that contribute to cooling, TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress features a premium knit mattress cover that delivers a superior cool-to-touch feel. It doesn’t matter if you sleep hot – the mattress will keep you cold.
8. Serta iComfort Max Blue – Best Cooling Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Superior support that responds to body movement and reshapes to distribute body weight and relieve pressure
- Advanced cooling system – entail a gel memory foam infused with million of active beads that regulate temperature
- The cover employs tech that immediately cools to the touch feeling for a cooling comfort
- Air suspension technology that protects against sagging and edge roll-off
- Combines layers of memory foam and innerspring support to present unrelenting comfort
The Serta iComfort Max Blue Mattress wins a spot in the best mattress list for stomach sleeper because it packs nearly all the perks a belly-sleeper need at a slight discount. More importantly, its superior cooling system makes it appropriate for persons who sweat at night.
Why it ranks 8th:
The Serta iComfort Max Blue Mattress misses a couple of flagships flourishes like superior breathability, but you get maximum plush possible, best pressure point relief, and cooling that you can’t get from any of its competitors. But it’s also more expensive.
* A 6-layered support system
The Serta iComfort Max Blue Mattress has an impressive support design. It entails six layers that balance the correct level of cushioning and support. Its core entails innerspring support that’s covered with layers of memory foam that allows it to stay firm while responding to body movement and reshapes to distribute body weight and relieve pressure
* Unrelenting cooling
The Serta iComfort Max Blue Mattress has two features that make it excellent for stomach sleepers after cooling comfort. First, its cover utilizes a cooling technology that provides an immediate cool touch feeling. Second, the mattress uses a gel memory foam with infused million active beads that regulate sleep temperatures.
9. Lucid 14 Inch Memory Foam Mattress – Best Budget-Friendly Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Medium plush gel-infused memory foam that conforms to the body’s natural curve to relieve pressure
- Has 1-Inch bamboo-charcoal memory foam layer for exceptional breathability
- CertiPUR-US certified foam – you’re sure of the absence of harmful chemicals
- Firm enough for stomach sleeper – does not compromise mid-section support
- Dual memory foam comfort layer on top of the supportive foam base to create a comfortable, plush-feeling without compromising support
The Lucid 14-Inch Memory Foam Mattress is powerful enough, and its support is impressive. But some trimmed features make this mattress less advanced than the competition. Its superior bamboo charcoal memory foam gives it superior breathability, but that’s not enough to break into the order’s top half.
Why it ranks 9th:
The Lucid 14-Inch Memory Foam Mattress loses out on a few of the cutting edge features like shock-absorbing features and cool-to-the-touch technology. But its remaining arsenal of flagship specs includes a highly breathable dual memory foam layer and conforming support, which make the mattress stand out at a discount.
* 3-layered support system
The Lucid 14-Inch Memory Foam Mattress support system is medium-plush. It entails the supportive high-density base form that prevents midsection sinking, a ventilated gel memory foam that ventilates the mattress, and the top bamboo charcoal memory foam for improved airflow. The three layers combine to present conforming support that relieves pressure points.
* Improved ventilation for breathability
The combination of gel memory and bamboo charcoal is one of the best ventilation in the market, and it helps increase airflow through the memory foam layer. Better breathability improves sleep comfort and makes the sleep environment comfortable.
10. Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress – the Best Luxury Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Excellent support from the individually encased coil for exceptional pressure point relief
- Multiple firmness options available – your sure to get the right support for your stomach sleeping
- 120-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty
- Excellent motion isolation
- Excellent cooling yet affordable
- Utilizes best-in-the-market fabric, expertly crafter to delivers cooling on touch
- Utilizes immediate response technology
The Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress retains lots of great features that make a mattress suitable for stomach-sleeping: excellent support that offers superior pressure point relief, multiple firmness options, excellent cooling, and the right pricing. It is an outstanding option for folks who want more for their money.
Why it ranks 10th:
The specs here are impressive as they are on the top picks, but the trade-off of a slightly higher price for this unit makes it unavailable to many. But its specs make it a top-buy for many people who are after a high-end mattress but at a slightly lower price.
* Superior contour and bounce
The Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress features a first-class hybrid construction that can satisfy nearly every belly sleeper. The support core entails an individually encased coil that presents exemplary pressure point relief and prevents mid-section-sagging. At the same time, it presents a sleep surface with robust edge support and minimal motion transfer while contouring to the body shape.
* Coolest but affordable luxury
Yes, Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress is pricer than a typical mattress, but the fabric the mattress uses is the most advanced in the market and comes at a more affordable price than the comparative option. It delivers the industry-best cooling solution—cool-on-touch.
Methodology: How We Picked the Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
Unlike an individual product-tested review, we used the research-based approach to select the best ten mattresses for stomach sleepers. Already-using-customer feedback and unbiased reviews from online authorities were our primary considerations.
For a mattress to be included, it had to meet five requirements. It must:
- Have an average of 4-stars rating on Amazon reviews
- Widely used and recommended by the stomach-sleeping community
- Present above-board value + non-compromising comfort
- Offer the right support on the midsection and spine to correctly fit stomach sleeper
- Offer maximum value for money
What’s more, we considered experts’ recommendations, award-winning units, industry certification, and customer support (such as warranties, free trials, and ease of return) when analyzing the world’s best option.
That said, what types of mattress can you choose when you sleep on your stomach?
Types of Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
While the type of mattress a stomach sleeper varies largely with personal preferences, there are four major types to choose from. They include:
a) Memory Foam mattress
This type of mattress is an excellent choice for a stomach sleeper because it conforms to the body’s natural curves and provides uniform pressure distribution, therefore relieving pressure points.
To prevent sinking in the midsection, you’d want to go for a mattress with several layers of memory and the right density. 100% memory foam mattress is a go-for for persons on a budget but wants a belly-sleeper solution.
b) Hybrid mattress
Hybrid mattresses combine a core of pocketed springs and a layer(s) of foam to provide far superior support. So you get the best of both worlds – the pocketed springs core presenting a bounce feeling you don’t get in 100% memory foam mattress due to its ability to stop motion transfer.
The foam layer(s) contour to the body and provide superior pressure point relief wherever your body needs it most. The combination can create a weightless feeling that can be soothing to belly-sleeper.
c) Innerspring mattress
An innerspring mattress is the best short for any stomach sleeper because the comfort layer act to contour your body. It’s bouncy, more breathable, and less pricey than the hybrid option. However, it is a pricey option than an all-foam mattress.
d) Organic mattress
An organic mattress is an all-natural mattress. It also is a hybrid matter – entailing a spring core with other organic material like latex. What makes it unique for a stomach sleeper is that it is chemical-free and helps sleepers sleep cold as it is a perfect temperature and moisture regulator.
Even more importantly, organic mattresses are hypoallergenic.
No matter the type of mattress you choose to go with, there are some factors you should look out for when purchasing.
What to Look Out For When Buying a Mattress for Stomach Sleeper
The mattress any stomach sleeper chooses should help him accomplish three goals:
a) Support the Spine Correctly
It doesn’t matter the sleeping position, but the right mattress should align the spinal column fully when sleeping. And to achieve this, a mattress must crack the right balance of cushioning and firmness. Otherwise, pressure points may develop, causing you to wake up in pain in the neck, shoulder, or back.
b) Redistribute Body Weight Uniformly
The right mattress should distribute the sleeper’s body weight over its surface. While some mattresses might work mighty fine for back sleepers, it’s not the same for stomach sleepers because they might cause the midsection to sink, causing spine misalignment.
You’d want a mattress that has ergonomic features that support belly-sleeping. And all the picks above are ergonomic, meaning they all responsive and redistribute body weight no matter how much you move when sleeping.
c) Get the Value for Your Money
Regardless of the size of your budget, you should be able to get maximum value for your money. Consider mattress type as a starting point because foam and innerspring units are less expensive than latex, hybrid, or airbeds. And whichever unit you’ll settle for in the top ten list above, we’ve only included mattresses that get you the best value for money.
Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleeper: Final Verdict
Like any other concerned stomach sleeper, you’d wonder why we have more than one pick.
We have a top pick. But not everyone looks for the same mattress features.
Some demand nature’s touch in organic mattress and hypoallergenic properties, which means sticking with an all-natural option like Awara Organic Mattress. On the flip side, others demand the superior cool-to-touch technology that regulates sleep temperature no matter the season, which is available in high-end options like Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress and Serta iComfort Max Blue.
Plus, there are price considerations, and we factored that in with choices like Lucid 14-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Nectar Queen Mattress, and T&N Original Mattress.
All in all, nearly all special-purpose mattress prices have crept up—some going above $2000. So you’d want to take your decision seriously. And the above list of absolute best mattresses for stomach sleepers should guide you through the world’s top picks with keen attention to detail. While they are all different, from a variety of manufacturers, one thing is for certain:
You can’t go wrong with any.